Monday, August 10, 2015

I have started and stopped writing this post three times.  That must mean I need to write it.....

This last week we went as a family to Newport Beach California.  We had a wonderful time being together on the beach and just enjoying California and all the wonderful things it has to offer.  Just the smells, and the feel of Southern California make me happy.  It must have to do with childhood emotional attachment from family vacations annually.  I have the best memories of going every year with my own family to California.  

For ten years I have day dreamed of the day when Mike was going to be finished with his medical training and we were going to be "riding off into the sunset with our family of four".  I am convinced it is these day dreams that get us through the difficult times.    However now that the time is here and my day dream is reality new challenges arise, and familiar emotions  I assumed would leave immediately with our new phase of life are still present.  

Life still feels transitional.  We still feel like we are figuring out this new life in the West, near family and lots of neighbors with the same religious beliefs.  We are adjusting to not being different, to being just one of the crowd.  I feel like I am adjusting to small talk and happy conversations "all of the time".  I am adjusting to people wearing makeup even at the gym, and eyelash extensions everywhere I turn.  I am still trying to swallow the fact that no one knows my life for the past ten years in Pennsylvania, and no one really cares.  


Transitions are time of change.  I love quotes......always have.  They help pick me up and give me wisdom in weak moments.  I recently read one that applies to my life.  

CHANGE IS INEVITABLE, 
GROWTH IS OPTIONAL!

I especially love this quote as of late......because this seems to be relevant to my life.   

We have to choose and not just go with the tide that life brings.  We have to grow in the process by pushing ourselves to be better and be genuine with who we are.  It is easy to just let things slide....to just let life happen.  It is far easier to think......someone else will do it.  It is far more difficult to make life happen and push ourselves to become better.

This past week at the beach I had a lot of time to think.  It was a good time for me to realize and recognize what I love about my life and what I need to change in myself personally and in my life.

The beach was fun, the time away valuable, and memories were made....

My favorite picture of the trip of my favorite crew!



This boy had it figured out from the get go.  A little beach boy....



Sam was digging to China.....



My girls I adore with all my heart....



Best sight to see....not a book in hand!


All boy....this Mikey of mine....


Sam my man not far behind....just trying to keep up....




I LOVE BALBOA ISLAND.....I had forgotten how much....


the charm....



If only these doors were mine......


the french blue ones....that is......


This is how we strolled.....Alyssa was a saving grace with Sam.


He was a bit of a handful at times.....so we let him climb.....


Ready set .....go time for Mike and Cath....


Just chillin.....

she almost wore it as a necklace.....


Mike and boogie boards work well together.....



Ruby's shake shack was worth all the hype just for the view!


It wouldn't be a trip to Newport without a trip to Roger's Gardens.  I literally wanted the ENTIRE STORE!


It was almost painful....I loved it so much....

And there you have it.....

NEWPORT 2015











No comments: