Sunday, January 15, 2017

Alyssa turned twelve in December and officially graduated into the Young Women program in our church.  The Bishop called just a few days ago and asked her speak in church today.  She was asked to give a five minute talk on prayer.  We worked on the talk together and I told her that she needed to have it memorized.  I was admittedly doubtful she would have it memorized by church today. 

Alyssa got up to speak this morning and it was one of those parent realizations that your child is half way grown up.  She looked tall, and her once baby face that once was .......was no longer.  She was an adult in that moment to me speaking in front of over 200 people.  She was poised and calm and without hesitation gave her talk fully memorized!  

It was one of those proud motherhood moments when you actually think....wow!  I was touched by her young yet very large soul as she bore her testimony of prayer and how it has helped her in life so far.  

There are clearly many things that I want to teach my children.  I want to teach them to be kind, loving, interested, empathetic.  I want to teach them to stand up straight, look people in the eye, and be able to give a strong testimony of there Heavenly Father most importantly.  I was proud of my Lyssa Lou!  She is a brave kind soul that teaches me daily about things most important!   






No comments: